- Contributing author, ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits (American Bar Association 2016);
- Contributing author, Employee Benefits Law (2d ed. 2003 Supp.) (BNA).
- * Policing Hoover’s Ghost: The Privilege for Law Enforcement Techniques, 54 American Criminal Law Review 233 (2017);
- * Standing Up for Mr. Nesbitt, 47 University of San Francisco Law Review 479 (2012);
- * Gagged, Sealed & Delivered: Reforming ECPA’s Secret Docket, 6 Harvard Law & Policy Review 313 (2012);
- * Kudzu in the Courthouse: Judgments Made in the Shade, 3 Federal Courts Law Review 177 (June 2009);
- Title VII’s National Anthem: Is There a Prima Facie Case for the Prima Facie Case?, 12 Labor Lawyer 371 (Winter-Spring 1997);
- Fifth Circuit Employee Benefits Update , Fifth Circuit Reporter (various editions 2002-2007);
- Fifth Circuit Employment Discrimination Update, Fifth Circuit Reporter (various editions 1995-2002);
- Nooks and Crannies of Employment Law, Texas Labor Letter, September 1995 (Texas Ass’n of Business);
- Prejudgment Interest on Contracts: The Forgotten Constitutional Dimension , 26 Houston Lawyer 20 (May/June 1989);
- OSHA and Multi-Employer Liability, 62 Virginia Law Review 788 (1976);
- Case Comment, 15 Virginia Journal of International Law 1029 (1975).
- * Written Testimony, Hearing on Electronic Communications Privacy Act Reform and the Revolution in Location Based Technology and Services, before the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties of the House Judiciary Committee, June 24, 2010.