|CM/ECF Version 3.2 Upgrade
The Bankruptcy CM/ECF upgrade to version 3.2 has been delayed. See announcement.
Summary of new features:
- This upgrade implements the New Judicial Conference Transcript Policy on redaction of personal identifiers.
- Cascading Menus - Lists of reports and events will appear when you move your mouse over the blue tool bar at the top of the ECF screens.
- Viewing Multiple Documents and PDF Docket Reports - Options in the Docket Report screens will allow you to combine dockets and documents into one large document that can be printed together.
- One Character Searches - The selection screens for filing events allow searches on the lists of options. Be careful! Clicking on one item from a list of filing events adds that item to a list that will be entered on the docket. Check the list of events that you have selected before clicking the "Next" button on the selection screens for filing documents!
- Displaying Document Paths - The final screen in the docketing process will display the name and path of any documents that you are submitting.
- Universal Event Search - A new Search feature allows you to search from all categories for a given filing event.
- Cross Document Hyperlinks - A document describing this feature in greater detail has been provided.
The upgraded system may be noticeably slower, especially during periods of peak activity, such as afternoons from 2:00 to 6:00. You can help mitigate this problem by:
- Always filing documents created and signed in a word processor program (“text pdf’s”), rather than printed and scanned documents (“image pdf’s”), when that option is available to you. Scanned documents create much larger files and require more time to file electronically and to send to users requesting them in PACER and more storage space on the ECF server. Be aware of metadata issues with electronically filed documents, whether they are text or image documents.
- Setting Internet Explorer and other browsers to check for new versions of stored (or “cached”) pages every time you start your browser. This solution seems to help those people who use third party case processing software with Internet Explorer, in particular. Instructions for Internet Explorer.
To make this transition as smooth as possible, if you have any questions you should call Robbie Westmoreland at 713-250-5349 who has been specially briefed to help you with these issues. Our Help Desk will continue to be available as well, at 866-358-6201.